The Town’s new Community Wellness Park, located adjacent to the south side of the public library at 10091 Resthaven Drive , officially opened to the public on May 1. The facility offers 13 pieces of age and disability -friendly exercise equipment and we encourage you to check it out.
Learn more about our news and special events, both here at the marina or out and about on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
An amazing ocean ecosystem awaits you on the waterfront in Sidney, British Columbia, a West Coast gateway for ocean exploration. Discover the mysteries of our ocean with knowledgeable Oceaneers. Explore the giant aquariums, wet labs and discovery pods inside, then extend your adventure outdoors to the beaches of the nearby Gulf Islands and the waters of the surrounding Salish Sea.
Island Comedy Festival -Aug 14&15
Piaf: Love Conquers All-Aug 20 to 22
2:00-4:00pm, Beacon Park July 5-September 6th
Sunday afternoons, enjoy listening to live music from a fantastic arrangement of talented entertainers.
Admission is free, donations welcome.
Aug.2-Paul Wainwright (Sax-driven Groove)
Aug.9-Kumbia (Latin Explosion)
Aug. 16-Cold Cut Combo (Folk Gypsy Swing Beat)
Aug. 23-Fat HatCat (Hot Funky Disco 70’s Groove)
Aug.30-The Naden Band (A Perennial Favourite)
Sept.6- The PUSH (Classic Rock)
June 4th-August 27th
5.30-9.00 pm, Beacon Avenue
Every Thursday night, over 150 vendors, artisans and entertainers.
Would you like to give it a try in a supportive environment?
SNSYC invites you to come along to our races!
- First timers get to race their boats free for one race series (6 races). Thereafter, it’s a modest $60 per year for guests (SNSYC members get a bit of a break), which covers over 50 races per year.
- We will mentor new racers and help you in any way we can to enjoy racing to its fullest.
- If you want to learn to race but lack the confidence to use your own boat, there is the option of crewing on someone else’s boat. This will build your confidence and allow you to meet new people.
- SNSYC also offers adult sailing classes on our Martin 242 if you want to brush up your skills.
- If you don’t have a full crew for a race, we have a bank of people who want to race – most of them experienced.
- Racing lets you learn the local waters, tides and wind conditions in a safe environment.
- It’s a great way to meet other sailors in a relaxed setting.
SNSYC has an extensive Junior Sailing Program which operates through the summer
- SNSYC’s Summer Sailing School offers CYA (Canadian Yachting Association) courses for all levels of sailors, age 8 to 18 years inclusive.
- CYA certified instructors teach both theory and on-the-water skills in a fun, positive atmosphere.
- Whether the junior sailor is a complete beginner or already experienced we’ve got a course to meet his or her needs – in a safe and supportive environment.
- We offer one week introductory Opti classes for $225 and our CYA certified two week courses cost about $375 (we have a limited number of bursaries available). Classes start at 9 am and end at 4 pm each day.
- Our dinghy fleet consists of a mix of brand new or well maintained Optimists, Laser IIs, 420s, and Flying Juniors.
- We operate three safety boats.
Want to know more? Contact Karin at 250 655 6518 or email