Spring Checklist: Electrical System & Components
The weather is improving and more people are getting out on the water. Make sure you perform your Spring Checklist to ensure a safe boating season. Here are some helpful tips for checking your electrical system and components:
- Check battery water level
- Check/recharge batteries
- Check terminals for corrosion, clean, and lubricate
- Check bonding system
- Inspect all wiring for wear and chafe
- Test all gauges for operability
- Check shore power and charger
- Check for spare fuses
- Check all lighting fixtures (including navigation lights) and make sure you have spare bulbs
- Check all electronics for proper operation
- Inspect antennas
Please consult your boat’s operating manual before conducting any suggested actions.
Other useful sites that provide complete Spring Checklists:
- Discover Boating’s Spring Start-up Checklist
- Boatsafe.com Pre-Season Checklist
To help with your spring checklist activities, contact our Yacht Park to book a full or half haul-out depending on your needs. Half haul-outs are convenient for inspections and surveys that should be performed regularly. Our Haul-out Video is an excellent introduction to the haul-out process and is available for viewing.
Please contact our Marina Services Representatives to book your appointment today at 250-656-1138.