Checking your engines and fuel systems is an important step in your spring maintenance. Following these tips will help to ensure that your boat is ready for cruising.
- Inspect fuel lines, including fill and vent hoses, for softness, brittleness or cracking
- Check all joints for leaks and make sure all lines are well supported with non-combustible clips or straps with smooth edges
- Inspect cooling hoses and fittings for stiffness, rot, leaks and/or cracking. Make sure they fit snugly and are double-clamped
- Every few years, remove and inspect exhaust manifold for corrosion
- Clean and tighten electrical connections, especially both ends of battery cables. Wire-brush battery terminals and fill cells with distilled water
- Inspect bilge blower hose for leaks
Please consult your boat’s operating manual before conducting any suggested actions.
Other useful sites that provide complete Spring Checklists:
If you require any assistance in your spring maintenance, please contact our Marina Services Representatives. Our Yacht Park is also available for half and full haul-outs and is a full and self service yard. Our Haul-out Video is an excellent introduction to the haul-out process and is available for viewing.