Spring is quickly approaching and that means it is time to start thinking about preparing your boat for the season. A springtime boating preparation checklist will help to ensure your protection and safety on the water. It will also ensure your boating season isn’t delayed by unexpected problems that could have been prevented. A very important step in springtime preparation is checking safety equipment. Below are a few helpful tips:
- Check that all onboard fire extinguishers are the correct class for your vessel and that they have been serviced recently
- Check stanchion, pulpits and lifelines for integrity
- Check swim platforms and ladders for integrity
- Check dinghy and life raft
- Ensure adequate number of life vests available
- Service life vests if needed
- Check and restock first aid kits
Please consult your boat’s operating manual before conducting any suggested actions.
Other useful sites for springtime preparation tips:
Van Isle Marina’s Yacht Park is available to help you with any springtime preparation you may require. Our Brownell submersible trailer can haul-out up to 70ft vessels. Contact our Marina Services Representatives to book your appointment today at 250-656-1138.