Is getting out on the water one of your New Year’s resolutions? Or perhaps you are suffering from an acute case of two foot-itis? The beginning of a new year means the beginning of the boat show season. Here are some tips for navigating a boat show like a pro.
- Learn the ropes! Boat shows provide opportunities for beginners to learn about getting on the water, and experienced captains to hone their skills. Look for shows offering interactive workshops and seminars. It’s not only fun to learn new skills, but smart to take advantage of the onsite training boat shows offer, usually at little to no cost.
- Find your virtual dreamboat. Before visiting a boat show, you’ll want to know which boats to shop. Start your search online with DiscoverBoating.com’s Boat Selector to identify which boat types fit your lifestyle, interests and budget. Vancouver’s International Boat Show has a feature allowing you to browse all the boats that are on display, click here to check it out.
- Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to step into booths and chat – learn everything you can!
- When talking with salespeople, be honest about your boating knowledge and experience. This enables them to answer your questions more effectively.
- Make the most of show pricing. One of the best times to buy a boat is at a boat show; exhibitors generally offer special show pricing and other incentives.
Your next opportunity to check out a boat show is the Vancouver International Boat Show in BC Place & at Granville Island from January 20-24, 2016, click here to visit the event website. Be sure to say hi to our brokers at the Van Isle Marina display at the Granville Island Maritime Market and Marina.