DIY Dog Bath at Van Isle Marina
Our New Fureverclean Self-Serve Dog Wash Makes it Simple to Quickly Wash,
Dry and Condition Man’s Best Friend, Right Off the Boat
At Van Isle Marina, we love dogs and we know your dogs are a huge part of the family and typically like to go boating as much as their people do. For tips on yachting with your dog, check out our previous blog post that covers everything from on-board accommodations, to staying cool and hydrated.
If you bring your dogs to see us at the office or fuel dock, we’ll likely have some treats for them and if they need to stretch their sea legs, they can go for a run at Tsehum Harbour Park, just a few minutes’ walk from the Marina.
Wash Your Dog Right at the Marina
We know that dogs are a challenge to keep clean at the best of times— never mind after exciting seafaring adventures. Before you load your dog into your car to head home, he’s probably going to need a good clean. With this in mind, we now have a self serve dog washing station available at the Marina.
Open 8am to 8pm in the Summer, and 8 am to 4pm in the Winter, the Fureverclean self-service station lets you quickly and easily give your pooch the spa treatment, washing out the salt spray and sand, mud and other evidence from his on-shore excursions.
Why Do Dogs Need to Be Washed?
- Any cuts or abrasions need to be kept clean to help prevent infection
- Dogs have multiple layers of fur that can trap allergens, bacteria, dirt, parasites, even fungi that can cause health issues
- A dirty dog is an itchy dog. If a dog has poor skin hygiene, he’ll be itchy, uncomfortable and unable to settle
- A gentle, calm bath is a really good way to bond, and washing your dog can be very relaxing for both of you
Why Use a Self Serve Dog Wash?
- No need to book an appointment at the groomer
- Affordable (only $12 for a complete wash, flea treatment, condition and blow dry)
- Pets are more comfortable when they’re handled by their owners, rather than a stranger or groomer
- In less than 15 minutes, your pooch will be clean and dry
- The wash tub has a latchable door and safety chain to keep your dog safely enclosed—no more chasing soppy wet runaways through the house
- No dirty tubs or fur clogged drains to deal with afterwards
- Dogs like to shake dry, which soaks everyone around them. The enclosed tub eliminates this problem
- You can use your own products or use our all-natural products and even bring your own towels in lieu of the air-dryer
The Fureverclean Dog Grooming Bath is Easy to Use
Bathing your dog with the backyard hose (cold!) or in the family tub (disaster!) is stressful and will probably leave your dog hating baths. Self-serve dog wash stations are a growing trend in Canada and since 1 in 3 families have a dog as a pet, we knew that it would make a lot of sense to have a dog wash station available for pre or post yachting adventures.
The Fureverclean will take your dog from grubby to snuggly in 12 minutes or less, stress-free. The easy to use machine even lets you pause the timer to add extra time to lather up your dog, add extra drying time as needed, and skip portions of the cycle if you prefer not to use flea treatment or conditioner.
This Dog Bath is Safe and Gentle
The Fureverclean station uses a soft-touch wash gun with multiple spray options, temperature-controlled water and two dryer speeds for a gentle and stress-free way to clean your pet. It also uses only hypoallergenic, all-natural shampoos to protect your dog’s skin and coat.
The machine itself is a self-contained wash station that is easy for your dog to get in and out of, with a transparent door that latches to keep your pet secure and able to see out. With a non-skid, soft coated floor, your dog won’t slip or slide during his shower while the drainage and filtration systems ensure that hair and water drains out effectively.
Ideal For Any Size Breed
Each machine can wash and dry any size dog, whether you have a Daschund, a Great Dane, or any breed in between. Each machine can wash one large dog and small dogs can even be washed in pairs for extra efficiency.
Convenient Payment Options
Forgot your change? No problem. The DIY dog wash station takes credit and debit (tap or swipe) tokens, or loonies and toonies. The average short haired, medium sized dog will be completely washed and dried in less than 10 minutes, and time can easily be added on for your larger, slightly furrier friend by adding a $1 coin for each additional minute needed.
How to Use Fureverclean
- Bring your dog into the tub and attach the catch chain to the collar
- Choose payment option to start the washing cycle
- Wash your dog using the wash gun and premium natural shampoo
- Choose the next wash cycle option
- Select the dryer option. At this point, you can add more coins to keep the dryer going if you need more time
- Remove your dog from the tub
- Select the disinfect cycle so the tub is clean and sanitized for the next dog