New Year’s Resolutions for Boaters
The New Year is right around the corner and it’s time to start doing more of what you love in 2018, like hitting the water for days filled with sunshine and family fun. In the spirit of the New Year, we at Van Isle Marina believe that 2018 is the year to make the boating resolutions you’ve been putting off. If you’re looking to make some changes this year, consider adding a few of these boating New Year’s resolutions to your list:
- Share your love of boating with family and friends.
- Wear more sunscreen, hats and clothes to protect your skin from the sun.
- Work hard so you can play hard.
- Cruise to a new-to-you destination
- Volunteer for a shoreline cleanup
- Try a new water sport, such as stand up paddle-boarding or wake-boarding
- Take at least one educational course or on-the-water class to improve your boating skills and knowledge. For the record, “Boating for Dummies” doesn’t count.
- Try a different kind of boating. Sailors, go power boating. Power boaters, go sailing. Never kayaked? Rent one and give it a try.
Most importantly make plans to have fun during the upcoming boating season. Do a little dreaming and figure out how you’d like to use your boat and where you’d like to cruise. Scheduling fun on the water is just as critical as laying out a maintenance plan. Never lose sight of why we love our boats and being on the water. Happy Holidays!