The stockings have been hung with care, the presents are wrapped and it is officially time to sit back, relax and treat yourself! While we recommend enjoying yourself with moderation, who says that you have to stick to the normal eggnog and rum? To spruce things up a little, we have prepared our five favourite holiday drinks for you to try!
- Lime Wedge, for rim
- White Sanding Sugar, for rim
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 ½ cup cranberry juice
- ¼ cup triple sec
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- Run a lime wedge around each glass then dip in sanding sugar.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add vodka, cranberry juice, triple sec and lime juice. Shake in cocktail shaker until cold.
- 2 cups pear juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 liters ginger ale
- Sliced fresh pear
- Pour pear juice into a large punch bowl.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir in sugar.
- Mix in ginger ale and top with fresh sliced pear.
- 2 oz. unsweetened cranberry juice
- 3 oz. Ginger Beer
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Place handful of ice in a copper mug.
- Combine the cranberry juice, ginger beer, rum, and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Shake until combined, and serve with a garnish of cranberries.
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 3 ½ cup tequila
- 2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 c. triple sec
- 5 limes
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- In a large pitcher, combine limeade and water until well blended. Stir in tequila, 2 cup water pomegranate juice, and triple sec.
- Cut the limes in ¼ inch thick wheels, and place on rim. Place ice cubes and pomegranate seeds in each glass. Pour liquid mixture into glass and enjoy!
Van Isle Martinis
Maybe this isn’t especially Christmassy… but who doesn’t want a drink that reminds them of their home away from home? The Van Isle Martini is sweet and refreshing (just like our staff!). It can be easily enjoyed at home, or on deck watching the boats pass by in our beautiful Tsehum Harbour.
- 1 ounce of grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce blue curacao
- 1/4 ounce dry vermouth
- A dash of blood orange bitters – Try the “Twisted & Bitter Orange” from Victoria Distillers
- 1 ounce of “Empress Gin” from Victoria Distillers
- 1/2 cup of crushed ice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add all the ingredients. Shake in cocktail shaker until cold.
We wish you all a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season. Alcohol is a leading factor is recreational boating accidents, and vehicle accidents. Please consume in moderation, and please do not drink and drive.
What are your favourite holiday beverages? Share them in the comments below!