Three Saanich Peninsula fire departments will be collecting cash donations and non-perishable food items for the Sidney Lions Food Bank this holiday season. This is a wonderful cause to contribute to during this time of year. The fire departments will be driving specific routes collecting cash and non-perishable food items. You can also drop off items at the specified locations.
Central Saanich Schedule:
- Monday, December 17th from 1:00 – 4:00 pm, fire department collecting donations on specific routes
- Drop off items at 1903 Mount Newton X Road
- Monday, December 17th from 5:00 – 8:00 pm, fire department collecting donations on specific routes
- Drop off items at fire hall, 9837 Third St. or until December 23rd, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
North Saanich Schedule:
- Monday, December 17th fire department leaves Kelset elementary at 1:30 pm and takes a specified route through Dean Park
- Drop off items at fire hall at the intersection of Wain and West Saanich roads from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Saturday
An additional drop off location is at 9586 Fifth Street.
Check out the great article in the Peninsula News Review on the Fire Departments’ Food Drive.