Spring Checklist: Hull
It is recommended to perform a Spring Checklist every year to ensure your boating season will not be delayed due to issues and problems that could have been avoided. By following a checklist, you can get back onto the water faster with less hassle. Below are some helpful tips to perform when checking your hull:
- Check the hull for abrasions, scratches, gouges, etc. and repair if needed
- Check and replace zincs
- Check for blisters and refinish if necessary
- Check rub rails
- Check swim platforms and ladders
- Inspect and test trim tabs
- Check shaft, cutlass bearing, strut, and prop
- Check rudder and fittings
- Touch up or replace antifouling paint
Please consult your boat’s operating manual before conducting any suggested actions.
Van Isle Marina’s Yacht Park is available to help you with any springtime preparation you may require. Our Brownell submersible trailer can haul-out up to 70ft vessels. You can book a full or half haul-out depending on your needs. Half Haul-outs are convenient for inspections and marine surveys. Our Haul-out Video is an excellent introduction to the haul-out process and is available for viewing.
Please contact our Marina Services Representatives to book your appointment today at 250-656-1138.