It’s Canada’s 149th birthday this year, and that means this is our last chance to practice before the big 1-5-0. If you and your family are looking for some fun things to do for the Canada Day long weekend, look no further than Sidney, BC!
Thursday, June 30th:
- 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm: Sidney Street Market on Beacon Avenue
- 8 p.m.: Opening Ceremonies – Colour Party, Town Crier, Welcome addresses by local dignitaries & Singing of ‘O Canada’.
- 8:30 p.m.: The Big Cake and Live Entertainment – Beacon Park. Enjoy the music of the Craig Henderson Trip and two cakes, provided by the Royal Canadian Legion and Re/Max.
- 10:00 p.m.: Town of Sidney presents the Musical Fireworks Extravaganza, best viewed between Port Sidney and Tulista Park
Friday, July 1st:
- 8 a.m.: Sidney Lions Pancake Breakfast at Mary Winspear Centre
- 11:30 a.m.: Sidney Canada Day Parade – starts at Beacon Avenue and Resthaven, wheelchair viewing at Beacon and Fifth
- 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Family Fun Fair – Iroquois Park. Enjoy an array of activities, games and entertainment. Food vendors and displays, face painting, concession, beverages, and much more!
- 1 p.m.: Free ice cream from Mayor and council of the Town of Sidney – Iroquois Park
- 1 p.m.: The Dog Look-Alike Contest – Iroquois Park – contest starts at 1:30 p.m.
- 12 p.m.-4:30 p.m.: Slegg Building Materials Build-a-Boat. Building begins in Beacon Park. Contact Slegg at 250-656-1125 to register your team.
- 4:30 p.m.: 31st annual Slegg Building Materials’ Build-a-Boat Race – launch at Diver’s Point (end of Beacon Avenue).
- 5 p.m.: 443 Helicopter Squadron – Sidney’s own Helicopter Squadron will demonstrate an exciting water rescue from a helicopter! Don’t miss this opportunity to see our heroes in action!
Happy Canada Day to Van Isle Marina’s wonderful family, friends, and guests!